San Diego has some of the most popular entertainment facilities in the USA. For instance, LEGOLAND, San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Balboa Park, etc. Indoor Skydiving at San Diego is another additional to these attractions in the form of two tunnels: iFLY San Diego and Airborne San Diego.
iFLY Indoor Skydiving San Diego
This tunnel is located at 2385 Camino Del Rio North, San Diego, California. It is one of the latest iFLY tunnels since it opened for public in February 2016. In a short span, it has become quite popular among indoor skydiving enthusiasts in and around San Diego. Its operational hours are 9:00 am – 9:00 pm from Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am – 10:00 pm on Fridays, 8:00 am – 11:00 pm on Saturdays and 8:00 am – 10:00 pm on Sundays. throughout the year.
Like most of the iFLY tunnels, they also have provision for business conferences, educational field trips, party rooms, events as well as for catering at their premises!
You are provided with the flight equipment: Helmet, Goggles, and Suit which you have to wear over your regular street clothing. Then you are provided pre-flight training to help you understand basics of indoor skydiving as well as to get your acquainted with the safety measures. Your trainer will also accompany you within the tunnel.
iFLY San Diego Prices
Flight packages at iFLY San Diego are priced (sales tax is calculated additionally at the checkout) as follows:
- Earn your wings: This package is for a single person and you get 2 flights. Each flight at iFLY is of 1 minute. So you get 2 minutes of flight time inside the tunnel with this package. It is priced at $79.95. Media related to your flight like photographs or video clips have to be purchased separately. You can purchase up to 12 of these packages in one go. You also get a personalized flight certificate with this package.
- Spread your wings: This package is also for a single person but you get 4 flights and a personalized certificate of flight completion. So you get 4 minutes of flight time in total at a price of $119.95, which is an economical price for extra entertainment. As with the previous package, your flight media (photographs and video clips) have to be purchased separately. You can purchase up to 6 of these packages in one go.
- Spread your wings for two: This package is for 2 persons with 2 flights for each of them. It is suitable for couples. This package is priced at $149.95 but the benefit is that you get 2 free video clips of your flight session worth almost $20 otherwise. You can purchase up to 6 of these packages in one go.
- Family Package: This package is designed especially for families up to 5 persons. You get 10 flights in total which you can share with your family members. This package is priced at $339.95.5free flight video clips worth almost $50 are included in this package. If you have 6 members rather than 5 in your family, then you can add “Earn your wings” package to include 6th member. In that case, your free video clips include the 6th member too. So, no worries over there.
- Party Package: Party Package is for groups up to 12 persons sharing 24 flights among them. You also get 12 free flight video clips with this package worth almost $120 otherwise. It is priced at $659.95.
If your requirements do not fit in these packages, you can request a customized deal from iFLY at this link.
Photographs of your flight sessions have to be purchased separately for all the packages. The price of a single digital photograph is $3.95. Multiply this by the number of photographs you want.
Please visit iFLY San Diego’s official packages and pricing page to book the flight packages right away.
iFLY San Diego Reviews
iFLY San Diego has got great reviews and recommendation on following platforms:
- Facebook: There is a stunning 4.8-star rating with 120+ positive reviews for iFLY San Diego on Facebook. Check for yourself.
- Yelp: They have got 4.5-star rating on Yelp with 75+ positive reviews.
- Google: There is a 4.6-star rating on Google with 50+ positive reviews.
- TripAdvisor: They have got a perfect 5-star rating on TripAdvisor with 25+ reviews. Just Amazing!
Airborne San Diego
Airborne San Diego is a new player in the market which will open up for the public anytime in 2017. The design of wind tunnel at Airborne San Diego will be able to generate wind speed of up to 200 mph which is a lot more than the approximate maximum wind speed of 155 mph (250 km/h) generated by iFLY tunnels. They claim that this will allow a better user experience to flyers in their tunnel.
The entire experience of flying at Airborne will be around 1.5 hours which will include an introduction, flight suit dress up, training and then actual flying. All flight packages with Airborne include digital flight certificate and a log book. Also, the average duration of a single flight in Airborne’s wind tunnel is around 75 seconds and all their packages include at least two flights.
Airborne San Diego Prices
Airborne has mainly four categories of packages: for first-time flyers, for return flyers, for family and groups, and special VIP packages. The prices of packages for first-time flyers are as follows:
1) Intro to Flying: This package is for a single person. You get 2 flights (150 seconds). The price is $69.95
2) Intro to Flying Plus: This package is similar to the above package, just that apart from your flights, you get digital photographs and video clips of your flight and uploads to your social media channels. It is priced at $79.95
3) 2X The Flight Time: This package is again for a single person. You get 4 flights (total 5 minutes). It is priced at $119.95
4) Family Package: This package is for up to 5 family members who share 10 flights shared between them. Your family flight photos and video clips are also included. It is priced at $329.95